May 3, 2020
This is the second in our series of interviews with an expert. This month speak with Dr. Bill Moore who also happens to be a former college tennis coach. Dr. Moore is an influential author, international speaker and executive coach. He has trained world class athletes, performing artists and business professionals all over the world. In the past several years Dr. Moore has dedicated much of his professional time to helping sales professionals be more effective in their prospecting abilities.
In this podcast we talk about how coaches can go from having a fear of failure to having an excitement for success, the beliefs held by confident recruiters, how a coach can manage their reluctance around self promotion and much much more
Key points of this conversation have been indexed for easy listening here:
- 01:12 - What is your experience as a college tennis coach and player?
- 03:45 - What are some of the common themes that emerge from those that change their thinking and habits?
- 11:02 - What are some the issues that you see that hold people back from achieving their sales/recruiting goals?
- 14:16 - How do you focus on promoting your program/university rather than promoting yourself?
- 18:22 - How can coaches make the switch from a "fear of failure" mindset to the excitement for success?
- 23:01 - What are the beliefs and actions of confident recruiters?
- 27:05 - What are some other tools that coaches can use to build their confidence when recruiting?
- 29:19 - How would a coach know if they have a lack of motivation for recruiting or if they are a reluctant recruiter?
- 30:30 - How would you encourage coaches to manage interferences/disruptions?
- 34:25 - What is your definition of high performance?
- 39:17 - Do you have any strategies for coaches to deal with inevitable ups and downs and pressure?
- 41:50 - How could coaches find ways to keep players engaged over the summer & continue team culture?